Wednesday, November 26, 2008
The rules: use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. All places, names and things must be real - nothing made up. You can't use your own name for the boy/girl name question.
What's your name…Rebekkah
A four letter word…runt
A boy's name…Richard
A girl's name…Rachel
An occupation…retail sales
A color…red (that was kinda easy)
Something you wear…running shoes
Something found in a bathroom…razor
A reason to be late…rush hour
Play along if you like. Leave a comment and let me know you're playing. It's fun (and more difficult than you might think)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
10 things I will not miss about the old Whirlpool
10. The mismatched knobs (hello, Frankenstein)
9. The ever present grease residue on the burner grates
8. The clock that has hands and doesn't work
7. The knob that sticks occasionally and clicks until you remove said knob and fix the tiny piece that moved just out of place (thus causing the clicking noise)
6. The timers that don't work
5. The "self clean" that doesn't even pretend to work and so should be called "get down on your hands and knees and scrub the daylights out of the blasted thing whilst smelling fumes that burn your nose hairs"
4. The thermostat that doesn't work and thusly causes me to stand by the stove and constantly check to make sure everything is cooking and/or not burning
3. The bent door handle (I think Brian did that)
2. The "rusty, nasty not-even-a-little-shiny anymore" oven racks
1. The tinfoil burnt to the bottom of the stove after the oven decided to heat up to 550* when I set it to 350*
Bright and Shiny. Digital. Self Cleaning. A light and a big window to see into the oven. Broiler inside. Storage drawer on the bottom. Gas. Heats up in 10 minutes as opposed to 25-30 minutes for the old one. Gray burners, the non-sticky type. Beeps when it's preheated. How ingenious is that? No tinfoil stuck to the bottom. Did I mention the microwave I got with it? I know I am one lucky gal. And I have the best husband ever for getting it for me!
Ah, the little things!