Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Procrastinating...again

To some of you, this might come as a complete shock. To others who know me oh-too-well, not so much. Right now I could be doing one of about a hundred different things, such as making the aprons I need to make for Christmas gifts, making the p.j. bottoms I promised my three kids (also a Christmas gift), frosting the 6 dozen Christmas cookies the church needs for Friday's Live Nativity, wrapping Christmas presents, putting stamps on and mailing the Christmas cards I had printed, changing the diaper of a certain baby (who is sitting in the laundry room putting my underwear on her legs-such entertainment. Yes, they are clean. Which leads me to another thing I could be doing, LAUNDRY). But alas, I sit here typing about the things I could be doing instead of doing them.

There is just something about a long "to do" list that freezes me in my tracks, unable to perform said tasks. I have made several lists of things I need to do...but that was probably another effort to procrastinate. Blogging about procrastinating was not on that list either. I have listed them in order of priority (making aprons, frosting cookies and putting together the teacher gifts) all due before the weekend. Guess I should stop typing and change the baby...since she smells like a priority right now! Now that that's done...I wish I could just have a day to freeze time and accomplish all the things I need to get done and want to get done. Boy, I'm thinkin' Santa would be laughing his jolly head off about now!



Dear Santa,
I've been a relatively good girl this year...I've helped
friends, been kind to others, I've given money to those less fortunate.
I've really tried to do all I can. All I really want for Christmas is
a few minutes to do the things I don't ever have time for...

Love,
Rebekkah


All this to say...NONE OF THESE THINGS THAT I HAVE TO DO ARE IMPORTANT! NONE OF THESE THINGS WILL CHANGE SOMEONE'S LIFE!

My "to do" list should read: 1. Spend time with my children (they are growing so fast) 2. Spend time with my husband (he's all I will have when the kids leave home, and if we don't have a good relationship now, there won't be one then). 3. Spend time with the people I love the most (my parents, my brother and Heather, friends and family) 4. Give of myself to those in need.

Here's a little video that I thought was appropriate to share.






No more procrastinating. Let's not use our time worrying about things that don't matter...let's use it to bless others.

2 comments:

kim said...

TRUE!

Joy said...

THANK YOU! I plan to share this with as many people as I can, what an incredible message. Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family.