Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to school


I guess my blog is turning out to be way too crafty! Maybe I should pay more attention to my family and start blogging about them?!?!

It was the first day of school yesterday and my house was a flutter with anticipation, my anticipation not the kids'. Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for all summer. Sad. But after several weeks of fighting and weeping, it was time for them to go back to school. I love my children but as the old adage goes "too much of a good thing ___________" (what is the rest of that?) I guess you can insert your own blank here. They were ready and I was ready.


Brian made a wonderful breakfast for them: pancakes with strawberries and some sausage on the side. The boys got on the bus without a hitch and/or tears. They were really excited to see the bus but as it approached, so did the butterflies in my tummy! They climbed those steps a little older and a little wiser and barely looked back. I'm sure they will miss me yelling and screaming as much as I will miss yelling and screaming!


Kalie and I spent the morning with Nolan, Addison and Emily and soon it was time for her to have lunch and get ready. By now the sky was gray and rainy. And the 20 minutes we spent in the rain under an umbrella waiting for the bus, saw an outfit change. It was much too chilly for the little skirt and short sleeve shirt she had picked out when it was 80 and humid just hours earlier. Off she went in jeans and a jacket with an umbrella!





Burrrrrr. It's a cold first day of school!





She doesn't look scared at all. She doesn't even look like she's going to miss me even a little bit (maybe it's that yelling and screaming thing again?!?!?) I guess I have some work to do on myself while Caleb, Zach and Kalie are in school?!?!



Well, now for the crafts...I decided to try my hand at applique onesies. My friend Suze (http://suzenelson.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html) made some adorable puppy and kitty ones for her son Jasper and I loved them, so here's my rendition (for my friend's baby). Thanks for the link Suze ;)




Flowers, of course



princess crown, typical



M for Morgan



Butterflies, who can resist?



So there you have it...more to come later...baby's gonna get a blanket too~



1 comment:

kim said...

the kids look so grownup, all ready for the bus. Kalie looks adorable in both outfits. I can't believe she's off to kindergarten! Wow! Where'd the time go to?

Extra adorable onsies. That mom is extra lucky!!! maybe I need a new baby just for the cute onsies...then again! Great work, my crafty friend!!!